- 21 Texts
- 1 Disqus
- 70.0 hrs
No pre-requisites Required!
This is your one-stop shop if you want to become a Certified Personal Trainer.
Class is limited to 8 students
This means that you will get all the one-on-one help that you need and there will be lots of time to ask questions and practice your skills.
You don't need to fly to Vancouver!
To make this program accessible, and affordable, it's delivered in a combination of online and in-person modules (in Fort St. John).
What your tuition includes:
- Fitness Knowledge, Weight Training and Personal Training courses
- Online, weekly learning sessions
- 2 in-person weekends
- Weight Training Skills Assessment
- Personal Training Skills Assessment
- the best learning experience you will likely every have!
It DOES NOT include:
- Manuals (approx. $225 - you will order these directly from CFES)
- Weight Training exam fee ($75)
- Personal Training exam fee ($75)
- CFES certification fee ($50)
- insurance - you will purchase this once you are certified (approx. $350 per year)
Online sessions (attendance is required):
Nov. 22, 29, Dec. 6, 13, 20, Jan. 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 (7-9pm PST for each).
Internet connection that can support live video is required.
In-person sessions (attendance is required)
Dec. 8 (5-9pm), 9 (9-5pm), 10 (9-5pm) AND Feb. 2 (5-9pm, 3 (9-5). 4 (9-5)
Brenda earned a bachelor’s degree in kinesiology from Simon Fraser University, which means she spent four (okay, maybe six) years studying the human body and how it functions.
She's also a Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (a life coach). And finally, she has her master’s degree in adult education.
So her knowledge about the human body, combined with the tools she's acquired as a life coach, and her understanding of how adults learn best, are the reasons why she's the one to do this work.
From the experience side of things, Brenda has been a fitness professional for over 23 years. In that time she has had the opportunity to work for provincial fitness organizations, to chair the National Fitness Leadership Alliance and to run one of the largest fitness centres in Canada.
One of her greatest passions is teaching. Whether it be a fitness theory course or a Personal Training Course. She thrives on taking knowledge and making it easy for people to learn and understand.